Wednesday, February 15, 2012

13 February 2012 (part 1)

Firstly a big thank you to everyone who came to the first Mac Beginners group on Monday morning and also to everyone who came to the Mac Users group in the afternoon.  I am really enjoying learning with you all and have high hopes for the rest of the term.  (And a big thanks to SCCCC, in particular Beverley who has worked hard on publicity for the group and setting up the Mac Mini and fixing the Wifi!)


We got through a lot of topics on Monday and I hope I have remembered them all.  If I have left something out, please email me and I will add the relevant information here.


In the morning sessions we spent some time going through Systems Preferences.  I hope everyone will find some time between now and next week having a bit of a play with some of the settings (Desktop & Screen Savers for example).  Practice and repetition will help you become more familiar with your Mac!


I've created a video on How to Create Smart Groups (lists) in Address Book and is the answer to Ann's question about having lists of New Zealand and Australian addresses in her Address Book.






Dropbox: for anyone interested in the security issues with saving documents to the "cloud" this article details encryption and making files in Dropbox even more secure.


iCloud (note: is only available for those Apple devices that are running the latest OSX).


Margaret had a question about her email on the Mac and iPad.  When she was deleting emails on her Macbook they were still showing as unread on her iPad.  This link gives one solution.  


This blog post has become so long I've split it into two parts.  Part 2 should be up in a couple of hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment