This is the information about the open day next week at the State Archives in Kingswood: Local History News - State Records Open Day.
In the meantime, here are my key tips for managing your files:
- Delete everything you don't need to keep!
- Open up Finder and take a look at the Downloads folder, remember this is everything you've opened or accessed via email and the internet.
- As you open a document/photo from an email or download from the internet, decide where to move it and move it straight away!
- Make folders in your Document folder (in Finder) that correspond to your own paper filing or whatever makes sense to you.
- To make a new folder, right click in the white space of Finder and select New Folder. To rename, click on the newly created folder once, then again on the folder name, then type the new name and press Return to save.
Whether you are morning or afternoon class, have a go at these links and games, you might be surprised.
- Skillful Senior Mouse Skills These exercises are great. (Please don't attempt the 'Arrows Tutorial' which comes after the 'Mouse Tutorial' as the instructions do not match Mac keyboards!)
- Mouse Practice Simple mouse/trackpad exercises to get your fingers warmed tomorrow.
- 3 Monkeys Can you figure out how to catch the fruit and protect the monkeys from the bomb?
- Starry Night Can you make the star bounce across the falling stars to light up the sky?
- Solitaire Yes! Solitaire is great for practicing dropping and dragging, double clicking and moving the mouse or trackpad around the screen.
See you all next Monday,